How to Replace Your Lost Green Card

If you have lost or misplaced your green card, it’s a good idea to have it replaced. Here’s how.


You’ve looked everywhere for it, but it’s nowhere to be found! Your green card is lost and now you need to get a new one.

But how do you go about replacing a lost green card?

The answer isn’t as difficult as it seems.

The USCIS form used to replace lost, stolen or damaged green cards is the same form used to renew a green card: Form I-90, Application to Renew or Replace Permanent Resident Card.

Just follow these four steps to replace your green card.

Step One

Fill out Form I-90 and be sure to attach your supporting documentation, including a copy of your lost green card.

Step Two

Mail the form and the filing fee to the USCIS office responsible for I-90 applications.

Step Three

Attend your biometrics appointment where they will take your fingerprints and run a background check.


Step Four

Wait for you new green card to arrive! This usually takes three months, but could take longer depending on the USCIS office backlog.

Don’t struggle through complicated immigration paperwork to replace your green card.

Visit today to start your green card replacement application.